I did finally find some time to finish up this Rocky Mountain Blizzard that needed to be updated to disc brakes. A fairly standard operation by now (I must have done nearly 20), but this one had a small variation that I tested on a beater bike a while ago. Instead of using new hose guides on the top tube, I opted for a solution where the cable guides that where once for the brake cable is drilled out and then the slot is brazed up. So in other words it’s just turned into a tube. A wee bit of work, but it’s worth it. Especially on a frame like this where the original braze-on is of the two-cable kind.

There’s a few other things happening in the workshop as well. I’ll try to post that later today.

Like this post0

Leave a reply

Go top